Septic cleanup in Bethel, OH after a septic tank backup or a clogged sewer line is a job that no one wants to do, but one that must be done as soon as possible. Sewage cleanup cannot wait and you will want to move quickly to get rid of foul odors and bacteria-soaked effluent. It may not be pleasant, but it needs to be done to prevent further discomfort and damage. It is a dirty job that you must start and a professional experienced in septic cleanup in Bethel, OH will need to finish.
Septic backups can be caused by a variety of issues, but there are a few common causes, such as:
- Blocked lines caused by tree roots penetrating the lines and creating an obstruction that solid waste gets caught on.
- Damage to the septic tank itself, such as a heavy vehicle driving over the ground above the system.
- Excessive water waste, resulting in the water in the system causing blocking issues within the system itself.
- Debris from a connected garbage disposal failing to break down properly and causing a buildup of sludge on the bottom of the tank.
Regardless of what may have caused the backup, the main concern is ensuring that it does not have lasting effects on your home. Even though you will ultimately have to hire a professional for the best septic cleanup in Bethel, OH, there are a few vital steps you can take to ensure the best results.
It is incredibly important that you begin cleanup immediately. But before starting sewage cleanup, protect yourself from the foul-smelling, bacteria-infested sewage by putting on rubber gloves, boots and a mask. Once you are protected, take the following steps to begin the cleanup process:
- Shovel any solid materials into a durable and thick plastic bag. Dispose of this immediately in an appropriate trash receptacle.
- Soak up liquid materials with paper towels and rags. Do not use any cloths you would like to keep, as all materials used should be disposed of immediately.
- Use a wet/dry vacuum for smaller areas and to suck up any remaining puddles. It is crucial that all major bodies of water are removed as soon as possible to prevent long-lasting damage to the area.
- Tape a plastic tarp to the floor in order to avoid soiling other parts of the house.
- Place all affected items, regardless of whether or not they were actually damaged, outside to air out.
- Tear up and throw out any carpet or rugs. While the carpet may ultimately be salvageable, it can be a long and costly process, and replacement may be the safer and easier option.
Ultimately, only a professional can provide proper septic cleanup in Bethel, OH. A septic specialist will also need to pump out the septic tank and provide emergency services to prevent further damages. To take advantage of quality septic services or schedule septic cleanup in Bethel, OH, contact Gullett Sanitation Services, Inc. today.