“Out of sight, out of mind” is the mentality too many homeowners have when it comes to their plumbing, especially their sewer lines. Ignoring sewer lines is dangerous, as it can lead to problems like backups, flooding and more.
To prevent these expensive issues, we recommend scheduling water jetting of sewer lines in Bethel, OH every 18 to 22 months. Water jetting eliminates any clogs in your sewer lines, ensuring an even flow of water and waste throughout your plumbing system. Continue reading to learn more about this service.
Signs it’s time for sewer line cleaning
There are a few other things that’ll tell you it’s time for sewer line cleaning besides the calendar. Call a professional for sewer line cleaning as soon as you notice any of these signs:
- Sewage backups: Although there are several causes of backed-up toilets, showers and sinks, clogged sewer lines are a leading factor. Backups throughout the house—not just in a particular bathroom—are a sign that there’s a clog in the sewer line that needs to be addressed.
- Bad odors: It’s no surprise that wastewater smells. If you’re experiencing nasty odors coming from plumbing fixtures throughout your house, it’s likely due to a clog in the sewer line. Hiring a professional for jetting is the best way to clear out your sewer line and eliminate those odors.
- Slow drains: Bathroom and kitchen drains should empty fairly quickly. A single slow drain often indicates a clog near that particular fixture, but slow drains throughout the house mean there’s a blockage in your sewer line. Hiring a pro for cleaning sewer lines in Bethel, OH is the only way to remedy this issue.
How to prevent sewer line issues
In addition to cleaning your sewer lines in Bethel, OH every 18 to 22 months, there are a couple of other actions you can take to prevent clogs. Follow these tips to keep your sewer lines in tip-top shape:
- Watch where you plant: A tree’s roots’ job is to search for water and nutrients to feed the tree. One of the best nutrient sources is the wastewater leading from a home to the city sewer system. Avoid a tree root blockage by planting your trees far away from the sewer line.
- No dumping: It’s all too easy to pour fats, oils, grease and leftover food down the kitchen sink. Avoid doing that at all costs! If those materials don’t clog up the plumbing right under the sink, they’re sure to eventually cause a blockage in the sewer line.
- Avoid caustic drain cleaners: Many homeowners reach for a bottle of Drano when there’s a clog or a slow drain. While that might be an effective temporary fix, using drain cleaners is a bad move in the long run. These caustic liquids eventually degrade your plumbing system and sewer line, potentially leading to more frequent clogs and issues.
Whether it’s been about two years since you’ve had water jetting of your sewer lines in Bethel, OH or you’ve noticed any of the signs above, call for help today. At Gullett Sanitation Services Inc., we provide affordable and dependable service that’s sure to have your lines in like-new condition very quickly.